The search for weight loss is widespread among people who start an exercise routine. Find out which are the most effective options. We also detail the importance of a healthy diet.
There are many routines aimed at reducing body fat. Many people are looking for the best exercises to lose weight fast. In this research, two large groups of exercises stand out: aerobic and anaerobic.
Generally speaking, the former is low-intensity but long-duration exercises to build endurance. For example: running, swimming or cycling. Anaerobic is for strength and toning. For example, weightlifting or pull-ups.
Both groups are influential when designing an exercise routine to promote weight loss. Warning: although extreme or alternative methods are circulating on social networks, there is no miracle solution to get in shape.
Lose weight fast with aerobics and anaerobic: differences, advantages and disadvantages
Aerobic routines are also known as cardio. These are exercises of longer duration, with a medium or high-intensity level. In practice, the body burns fats and carbohydrates to produce energy. For example, running, cycling, crossfit, or HIIT are aerobic exercises.
The anaerobic has the particularity of reducing body fat by accelerating metabolism and increasing muscle mass. In general, the exercises are of shorter duration but of higher intensity. The clearest examples are weightlifting, pull-ups and push-ups.
Many associate weight loss with cardio routines and strength routines with hypertrophy. However, both methods are effective in losing weight and should be combined.
The pros and cons of aerobics
- Endurance. Aerobic exercises help improve the heart system and, therefore, the body’s resistance.
- Frequency. It is possible to exercise almost every day at a varied level of intensity to avoid fatigue or muscle overload.
- Cardio. One of the most significant benefits is strengthening the cardiovascular system due to the high work demands on the lungs and heart.
The disadvantage of this type of routine is that the body tends to get used to the challenges offered more quickly. This results in good results at first but stagnation after a few weeks.
The advantages and disadvantages of anaerobic
- Variety. It is possible to combine strength exercises in a wide variety of ways. Plus, if the body has gotten used to the intensity, add more weight to keep burning calories.
- Double acting. Anaerobic routines, in addition to burning calories, promote mass muscle gain.
- Reinforcement. This type of program promotes muscle and bone system strength.
Its main drawback is the intensity. It is not recommended to do strength exercises more than 3 or 4 days a week. The body must be given time to rest, which reduces the risk of injury.
The best exercises to lose weight fast
A combination of cardio and strength training is ideal if your goal is to lose weight. Beyond the type of program or another, the main thing is to burn more calories than those consumed. A healthy diet is, therefore, the main factor.
For example, 1 hour of aerobic exercise 5 days a week, alternating with 3 days of strength training, is a complete routine. It is essential to warm up and stretch beforehand to avoid muscle overload and injury.
10 exercises to lose weight fast
The following exercises combine aerobic and anaerobic exercises. It is advisable to perform between 8 and 10 repetitions. Of
- Pumps. This exercise builds strength.
- Lunges with weight. To perform them, while standing, bring one leg forward, leaving the other in place. Lower yourself until your knee touches the ground, then alternate.
- Weighted Row. This is a quick weight-loss exercise that requires gym equipment.
- Knee lift. Jump up, raising your knees as close to your chest as possible.
- Squats. Lower yourself by bending your knees and ankles until you reach a 90-degree angle. You can increase the intensity by holding dumbbells
- or weights in your hands.
- Barbell Deadlift. Hold the bar and place your hands at shoulder level. Raise the bar keeping your back straight, chest straight and looking straight ahead.
- Burpees. Start standing, squat down, and then get into a plank position. Then return to the starting position and jump.
- Box jumps. Get a rigid container, jump on it, and then drop it down.
- Skipping rope. Jumping rope is a very effective aerobic exercise for burning calories.
- Pull-ups. This is a slightly more advanced move. Hold on to a sound bar and lift yourself with the strength of your arms.
The importance of a healthy diet
Although the ideal is to consult a nutritionist who can develop a specific diet, there are some general parameters. What is certain is that exercises to lose weight quickly must be accompanied by a healthy nutritional intake.
It’s not about eating less or avoiding meals but reducing sugar, starch and carbohydrates. This will cause the body to resort to fat burning at the time of physical demand.
In addition, favouring proteins is a means of protecting the muscle. Protein-rich foods include red meat, salmon, chicken, shrimp, and eggs.
As part of an exercise program to lose weight quickly, it is essential to forget sodas and sugary drinks because they contain many calories, in addition to being harmful to your health in general.
By strictly following the exercises for losing weight and a proper diet, it is possible to lose between 2 and 5 kilos in the first week. After that, the importance will continue to drop, but less rapidly.
A gradual transition is best!
There is no need to make sudden and drastic changes in diet and exercise routine. Doing this promotes frustration and, therefore, abandonment. The transition must be gradual but sustained. It is a long-distance race. Think long-term.